A volunteered blog from Ellie Moran about the writers festival!

I spent teatime/night time at the Dury Lane Library today which is closing and moving to somewhere else, when you say it is only moving, they loose all concept of it being a sad thing, although this isnt true when you have memories.  Its not that its a library, its the stuff that's happened within the building. I'm sad to say goodbye after my years there; my first ever Yew Tree session when I was just a little 'en to writing the longest poems at the writers group over the last few years. There something about that library that holds so much, things have changed, it has changed but everybody's personal relationship with what and who is there is a totally different thing and the most sentimental thing of all. Tonight proved that you dont need a big audience to show your best work, the writing was wonderful, the performers were as usual and the security guard obviously at his best too wink

Well done writers, and goodbye to the place that gave me the opportunity to have the best thing that's been in my life. smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...