First guest blog is from Alice - with what is possibly the promptest delivered blog ever

I love rehearsals. Hah. Good strong point to make in a blog. But it is what my blog is going to be about because on Thursday at Black company it felt like we were all suddenly ‘singing from the same hymn sheet' as my mum would say ... something changed (and yesssss obvs part of it was our ‘get yo backsides in gear black company’ speech
But people seemed to be listening more to direction and each other; on stage in character and off stage creating shared histories. Tiny elements of the play started to click into place...and my complacency definitely disappeared.
It reminded me of the effort required, the energy, the commitment, the time, the thought...all the things I should just put into place ALL the time. Actors who had those things in place made me jealous but inspired...this is all a bit dramatic but that’s because I was having all these thoughts under the looming shadow of the connections auditions next week and the ever looming shadow of auditioning for drama school. It was just one of those rehearsals that reminded me I need to be the best I can be. So, yeah cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...