The wonderful Hannah Speke not saying farewell... Well I kinda feel like I should’ve dramatically titled this ‘the farewell blog’ or something. But it’s not really, I might be going to university but you won’t get rid of me that easily  But I’ve been at Yew Tree since I was about 9, which means I’ve been here for 9 years, which is half my life. Scary. So I’m a bit sadder about leaving Yew Tree than I was about leaving college. I remember joining Gemma’s session when it was at Drury Lane Library absolutely ages ago, and my first ever performance at Yew Tree of The Tempest in Thornes Park. And then Helen joined, because I’d told her Yew Tree was brilliant and we had lots of fun. And then it moved to the church where we had to set up the chairs for mass at the end of each session, ha. Eventually we had to move up to Gold, mainly because we were about a foot taller than everyone else in Gemma’s group… I’ve done loads at Gold and Black: trips to Kendal, Connections, the Shakespeare festival, Miners, Podcasts, Nostell week, Hepworth launching…it’s a long list. But my favourite thing, without a doubt, was Karamazoo. It doesn’t need explaining, it was just fantastic fun, so thanks for that Sarah, I loved it. I realise this is sounding a little bit like my memoirs or something, but stuff keeps popping into my head so I just type it. One of the best things about Yew Tree is the way they just accept new people and help each other. Because I’m not in the Christmas shows this year, I’ve been a spectator instead, which is really weird. But it’s brilliant to see people who’ve only been at Yew Tree for a few weeks just taking everything in their stride confidently. And I am really excited about seeing the Christmas show, but I reeeeally want to be in Sleeping Beauty, and I love Natalie’s character soo much. And the performances they’re working on at Black company are brilliant. Giraffes Can’t Dance. It is THE happiest entrance ever. If you’re not feeling too good, just go and watch them all dance on and you’ll just feel happy. Mine and Ellie’s award for the consistently funny entrance went to Jack Watts, we just laughed every time he came on. This is getting to essay length now, so I just want to say. I am so glad I joined Yew Tree and I’ve enjoyed every minute of my 9 years  See you at Christmas. I love Yew Tree. Hannah Speke signing off. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...