Danny S blogs about...

Monday 20th June 2011

Right. Well, I’m back guys (both in person and in my epic blogs :D).. After quite some time off, I’ve managed to gather my thoughts together and have created a peaceful and perfect balance of serenity and solitude. Well, in my head at least. It’s hard trying to make words make sense with cousins bawling, parents throwing cutlery out of the window and ‘Judas’ blasting out of the speakers at like a million decibels. But I’ll try.

My name is Danny. And this is my blog.

Already sounds like a winning tagline, huh? Anywho, I should probably write something about Sapphire Company. Would make more sense I guess…

So, this Monday, we were given the task of showing Jack sneaking into the giant’s castle. Simple, eh? Except the fact we can’t really have a giant onstage. That would just be plain silly. Like a sausage. Mmmmm… Sausages…

Anyway, back on track, in the group that I worked with, we thought that we would all make the giant’s voice (the classic “Fe Fi Fo Fum” speech. Aaah, never gets old) while Jack was ushered into an oven.. Kinda reminded me of Hansel and Gretel that, except the house wasn’t made of edible bricks… So, after a quick game of ‘knock-a-door-run’ and “that blarr-sted wind” playing tricks on the giant’s wife, she welcomed Jack into her humble abode. She just casually told him that her husband ate people, but being a modern man, Jack just accepted that the giant had an aboriginal taste in gourmet delicacies.

It’s got to be said that Michael and Kim’s portrayals of the golden-egg-laying hen were fantastic. Kim’s comic timing and ‘lullaby clucks’ were genius. Made me actually lol. Michael took the persona of a hen that was hard-done-by and needed the home comforts of radio dramas to ease his ongoing stress. Must have been hard for a male chicken to lay an egg anyway… geez his insides must be hurting…

There were some excellent versions of Jack and every single one of them made my breathing hard from all the laughing. Holly’s giant was also another highlight of the night (he’s not so bad after all, but sometimes you just have to keep an image up).

Well, I hope those words made some sort of sense. As for me, I’m going to run through the kitchen, dodging flying knives matrix-style, bash two heads together and turn that absolute blumming awful noise off. That is all.

Peace y’all…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...