Sam Winder with a bonus blog...hurray for such things

So What Did Happen to Grace Connor…?

It has been a while since I wrote a blog but I was inspired by tonight’s performance of “Whatever Happened to Grace Connor” so much in fact that I threw my geography homework across the room and said “Time I wrote the blog…” Although this never actually happened it is partly true in that I should really be sat on the floor with a pen and pencil. So after that unorthodox start I would just like to say I very much enjoyed Crimson’s performance.
First of all I sat down not knowing at all what to expect from the piece of theatre about to be performed – unless you count something happening to Grace Connor which is of course fairly obvious. As the play went on I felt sorry for Grace's family who of course miss Grace very much… and then comes the journalist Maggie (Sorry for not knowing your name) who first of all I must congratulate for doing such a good job. She managed to get to the family and carefully lift off some of the facts about Graces disappearance, despite their initial reluctance to tell the world about their missing daughter. As the journalist continues on her search for answers she visits Graces school; her friends, and a lover; the teachers, who thought of her as an excellent pupil; and everyone else.
I now must congratulate the person who played Bill, (Again I apologize for not knowing your name) for excellent execution of his role. Bill was a strong character, full of himself but at the thought of loosing his job, his in-your-face nature abruptly ended. Also I must mention his walk – a sort of proud swagger.
The extravaganza ends just with Grace asking what we thought of her - selfish or troubled or anything else then just where it started with a physical sequence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...