Jack Davies ladies and gentlemen

WELLL...

I am a strange person. Everything new that I happen to experience magically turns into "my favourite thing"....this happens quite a lot.

One thing that I genuinely reeeeaaallly enjoy is physical theatre. I know the prospect of an entire saturday morning session devoted to physical theatre is too amazing to imagine...but it happened. And it was, indeed, amazing.

"When you are exploring movement, you forget about the world outside, and focus on the smaller, lovelier world you are creating- its a lot easier to handle." I heard this quote, but I don't remember who said it...but its brilliant and very true.

Its soooo nice to be able to forget. Just be in the moment you are creating. You get this with all types of theatre, but in my opinion, its easier to forget when you can just experiment with physicality and not have to worry who has the next line...wow, that sounds lazy...I didn't mean it like that...but you get what I mean.

The morning consisted of various exercises to help us explore what our body can do. Mirror images, virtual playground and street cafe (wooooo) were all welcome in the session and we put all the knowledge we had about physical theatre into one devised piece to share with the rest of the group at the end.

It was really interesting to see what the other groups had come up with- it always is! All the group's performances are always so different and it's lovely to be able to experiment with people that you trust :)

yaaaaaaay :)
Yew Tree is just awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...