Saying Goodbye

So goodbyes are really hard and with the culmination of this year’s Nostell Project, “Alien” this year’s goodbyes begin. It’s kind of becoming an annual thing that Nostell is the last performance for all of those people going off to university and although it’s a lovely thing for people to end on it also tinges it with sadness.

If anyone had told me how attached I would get to members of the youth theatre I’d have laughed at them but the truth is that you can’t spend hours and hours with people each week and not develop a sense of kinship…and so when all of that comes to an end…at least in the form it has been in for such a long time…it takes a bit of getting used to…

However, spending this week with the Alien cast, both those that are moving on and those that I’m going to have the pleasure of working with for longer, was completely affirming. It’s the privilege of getting to work creatively with, debate with, share the trivial and not so trivial aspects of their lives with these brilliant people that assures me that I’ve made the right decisions regarding my place in the world and although this means I have to lose people on a regular basis there’s something so very hopeful in the fact that Yew Tree then provides the opportunity for the next generation of young people to have all the same opportunities…

So…cutting myself off before sentimentality takes too much of a hold…cheers team…graduating class of 2010…you have provided me with a bucket full of memories that will stay with me for keeps and cheers all of those who remain…here’s to the next year of memories in the making…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...