Regular blogster Aaron on our week at Nostell Priory...

Hi Yew Tree, and none Yew Tree-ers, it’s been a while but I’m back, not that I’ve been anywhere just a lack of motivation I suppose which I’m sure you’ll agree with.

Anyway I’m going to talk about the splendour and glory of the Nostell Priory Summer School (which will be referred to as NPS in this blog from now on.) Where do you begin? I doubt I could get away with just saying it was brilliant so I’ll try to make this a little more articulate.

Just the anticipation of NPS is enough to get anyone from Yew Tree enthusiastic and full of ideas for their potential characters, granted not every character trait can be used as it may not work with other traits developed however I would have liked to have seen the ninja in this year’s performance....

Yew Tree is a pretty much an unstoppable force when it comes to the NPS because when things got in our way, and things almost certainly tried to, be it rain or people getting married, we just carried on because that’s what type of people we are, persistent, loyal and most importantly BRILLIANT.

The performance was, of course, sensational, from my point of view at least but I like to believe that the audience felt the same as me and thought that it was truly an amazing piece. ‘Alien’ is without a doubt one of the more unique plays I have done with Yew Tree and I doubt that people are going to forget it anytime soon.

Unfortunately this year comes with some sadness because a few of the members are leaving Yew Tree to go to university. I’ve only been with Yew Tree for a little over 3 years but it feels like longer, a good longer, just with all the memories I have of Yew Tree and the people that are moving on take up a good portion of the memories and I wish them the best of luck and am more than happy to consider them as friends.

But anyway NPS was a success and I hope to see some new faces next year as well as some old ones and if I can give any advice to people who are going to be doing NPS please for your sake, bring some sun cream. There’s was sun about 10% of the week and my nose still got burnt. It wouldn’t be NPS without it though I suppose. So that’s me done for now, hopefully will do another blog soon.

That’s out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...