Sam blogs about hunt from a slightly different perspective


This was my second connections, my first being in the middle of lockdown. Sarah asked if anyone would be interested in helping her in operating the sound; I thought it could be fun, help expose me to something different and be a graceful introduction to the start of my film studies course at university. I loved every moment. 

 

When connections came round again, I jumped on the opportunity to operate sound once more. The soundtrack for Hunt came with its tricky changes and timings that would frustrate me when it wasn’t quite right. But when it worked, when the thunder complimented the dialogue or the track added to the tension of the scene, I felt overjoyed, like my role in the performance had a purpose. 

 

Being able to work and perform at the Crucible in Sheffield brought on new challenges. Adapting to their equipment and software was different and difficult at first but after being shown the ropes it was really fun to use. There was one moment in the day where I was able to take charge of the rehearsal, focusing on areas that I wanted or needed to work on. Which was scary to be in control but also really fun to have some focus on what I was contributing to the performance. 

 

I had such an amazing time learning new skills and watching those who do this for a living work. And to experience working in such a professional environment is something I will be able to keep with me forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...