Lucy has the first blog of the new year...


2020 has been a weird year for theatre. I thought that this year would be a good one after performing Look Up in March at the Cluntergate Centre. Little did I know was that it would be the last time we would be able to show it. Once the lockdown was announced, I knew that Yew Tree would be on hold for a while. This short break from acting very quickly became a long one. 

Once Yew Tree started again, we immediately preparing for our Christmas shows. Princess and the Frog: a play full of fun, laughter and puppetry (long live Eduardo the frog). I also signed myself up for another venture: LAMDA. LAMDA, so far, has helped me develop so much and allow myself to explore new styles. 

Then the most amazing thing happened; Connections started!!! After Look Up ended, I thought that we wouldn't be able to do Connections at all this year. We usually start in summer so after summer came and left, it left me feeling empty as we hadn't finished Look Up and we hadn't started a new play. Then Sarah announced that auditions would happen online for Connections 2021 and, honestly, I'm so thankful that its actually happening this year. 

Yew Tree this year has been my saviour and has kept me sane this year. I thoroughly enjoyed the virtual Christmas performances from everyone and I'm so looking forward to performing Witches Can't Be Burned with this years talented Connections cast. 

This is Lucy Gallivan, a 16-year-old wannabe actress, saying goodbye to 2020 and HELLO! to 2021.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...