The second NT Connections blog is from Lucy! I am one of the lucky people who had the pleasure of travelling to London on Wednesday for connections (and I’ve got the t-shirt to prove it).
Connections has been something I’ve wanted to do since I joined Yew Tree about four years ago. I just wanted to be part of this challenge that most of those around me had done the years before.
The first Connections performance I saw was Hactivists and I just wanted to be part of something like that. It took far too long for half term dates to match up.
From start to end, this has been something incredible; I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to perform with.
I think the best thing about this whole project has been seeing each and every person growing and improving. I may be slightly biased but I think one of the greatest transformations has been that of Nathan.
From someone who hated performing and was basically dragged into the whole thing by his pushy sister, he’s now actually excited to be part of next year’s performance.
The experience of performing in London has been unbelievably amazing. It is something that ‘I won’t forget. For as long as I live.’ and the jealousy I feel towards the people who can perform in Connections next year is insurmountable.
Every single person who has helped us get this far, every actor, tech-y, parent, audience member and so many other people deserve thanks. But the biggest thanks needs to go to Sarah. None of this is possible without her. So thank you.
Connections is a huge commitment but it IS worth it. I promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...