Charlotte J from Sapphire is our guest blogger this week...

My typical week at Yew Tree starts on a Monday with Sapphire Company. This week we explored the genre of crime. I found this really interesting as people took on the style of the genre in different ways, from serial teeth stealers to Sherlock Holmes there was definitely a wide range of interpretations of this genre. Some people made it quite comical where as others made it more serious. I personally really enjoyed doing crime because I haven’t really explored this topic before and I for one love doing something and learning different techniques that I could apply ro different styles of drama.
I am also a part of the NT Connections production which I’m sure you have heard of. This year we are doing Eclipse written by Simon Armitage. This is my first time doing Connections and at first I was really nervous in doing it because there were loads of people who I'd never really met before, but as always at Yew Tree, everyone was so lovely and positive and I soon warmed up to everyone. But time quickly flies as the performance is only 2 weeks away (so make sure you reserve your tickets!) and I couldn't be anymore exited to get up and perform this play that the whole cast and I have been working extremely hard on. The play this year is double cast so it's very interesting to see how everyone portrays their characters slightly different to their double. This week we finalised the end of the play and managed to get a glimpse of what our partner piece (the darkness in the light cast) have been working on which is looking amazing! And is definitely another reason why you should book your tickets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...