Ellen is our guest blogger...

So this week has been kinda crazy. I've been on work experience with Sarah, and I've had a real look into the way Yew Tree works. I normally only get a look at the youth theatre side of Yew Tree, but it's so much more than that. For example throughout the week I've been to two schools, helped at two companies and done a lot of scrap booking. I've been able to see how Sarah works with schools to help improve literacy, confidence and decision making. The children I have worked with were wonderful, full of imagination. It reminds you how creative and free children are and how drama can help unlock that. Scrap booking was really fun, Monday and Friday, with Toni and Hollie. We managed to get a lot done but there's a lot more to be done. It was so nice looking back at all the has happened in the past years. Projects like The Sea and the Arts Party popped up that were really nostalgic. There was lots more done this week, too much to go into detail to be honest. But if given the opportunity to go on work experience again I wouldn't hesitate to go with Sarah. It was fun and very interesting, and now I have a real appreciation for Sarah's work, outside an inside the youth theatre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...