Amy W with our first blog:

Here’s a question for you all. What happens if you get a room of confident, bubbly and slightly weird bunch of, as Sarah might call us, ridiculous creatures and tell them they can do whatever they can make up on the spot? The answer is: sapphire company’s session on improvisation. 
I have to say that I was already quite excited for the session. Improvisation is something which I enjoy. I love thinking on my feet. I know others weren’t so sure but, in the end, I think everyone had a good time. 
We started by walking around and learning the names of the new members of the company, who did really well in the mists of such a big group of people. Next came a game of magic box, in which I received the generous gift of Venus, and a game of yes and, where my new friend Mel and I went on a strange adventure. We also played a more adventurous game of yes that involved acting out our story. This I enjoyed. Where else can a teenager roll across the floor and not get stared at? 
We played sun and moon and make me, before making no less than five performances in pairs using the same three lines. I have to admit, I’ve never considered how many situations in which one can ask “Are you okay?” and receive the same reply. After whittling down each pairs ideas to the best one, came the joyous process of watching other people. Particular highlights involved broken nails, fights, horror films and the ridiculous Ellen and Jacob. 
All in all, as usual, Sapphire company made my Monday a great start to the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...