Amy T shares her Saturday of Yew Tree with us...

A jam packed day of Yew Tree loveliness is what I needed and my wish was granted by a glorious Gold company, physical theatre organisation and a group meeting about spooky events coming to Nostell very soon. With recovered feet from some Gold members, it was absolutely necessary to indulge in a game of foot stomp. Recently, I've seemed to notice some team alliances built and I'm not sure what the rule is for that, but I quite like it. It's always tense when half the team turns on the other and doesn't think of the consequences, which are usually an argument in the human wall, closing in on the competitors (and Wilby, I won that one). But now now, professional at all times, as a ghost of christmas present once reminded me! I also am really impressed with the improvement not only in my voice, but in the whole cast's ever improving vocal chords after a few weeks of exercises. I feel like voice warm ups are really underrated and if you have the chance to do them, I promise you, it's worthwhile. After polishing and defining Marley's physical theatre chains, a full run was on the agenda. Transitions can be the hardest part because they shift the scene to the next setting, especially when chairs and furniture are involved. But we are getting there! I said this in my previous blog and I will say it every time; You definitely see the change of atmosphere from one page of the script to the next in a lot of sections and that is what I really love about 'A Christmas Carol'. Next was physical theatre which is currently number one in our category 'amazing things we can produce in less than 2 sessions'. Yes, it is as impressive as it sounds. A Giselle inspired piece starring members of Gold, Black, Sapphire and even some Sarah Thomas girls. It is being performed in Ossett town centre and I am more than happy to be a part of it. Lovely, lovely work such a small amount of time. A circle of people prepared to act in the attics of Nostell on three consecutive nights, including Halloween night itself, deserve a round of applause for a start. Again, I am super duper excited for this to happen after listening to ideas being thrown around and costumes being discussed. Expect blood, weapons, ridiculous creatures and creepy songs. That is all. (It's also going to be great and you should come and we're all actually quite nice people). So that's me signing off for the week, have a nice weekend! Amy T x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...