Jess has blogged about the Miners Memorial Service piece we will be performing tomorrow 

As much as I love being in Yew Tree shows, and commit to as many as possible being at university makes it harder than I would like. However, I always make time for the Miners Memorial Service performance. It's a really different type of performance and it feels good to perform something that genuinely touches the people that can relate to/ have been affected by it. I knew very little about mining before taking part in the services and have learnt a lot about both its positives and negatives in the 3 years I've been a part of it. Its really nice to see people come together to remember the mining past, and I hope it's something that continues at Yew Tree so that lots of people get the opportunity to be involved. I've done loads of performances both with and without yew tree and I highly value the Miners Memorial Service. It's emotionally draining but worth taking part!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...