Lucy's Nostell Blog

I am currently sat in the car en route to Bristol, listening to the Wicked soundtrack, and now writing a blog. It's quite sunny too which is nice. And I've just purchased one of THE most sensational drinks ever- a caramel Costa Lite. (Only 80 calories in that little cup of sunshine- fabulous)
So, last week was Nostell week. Strictly speaking I shouldn't have been there, what with me only being 15... but I was and it was brilliant. What a way to kick off the summer holidays.
On Monday, 'Duel' was just a script we'd been given not long before the start of the week. By Friday evening, despite having to move location a mere 6 hours before performance, it was a full play waiting to be performed to a surprisingly massive audience.
What with it being my first Nostell I had no idea what to expect. I knew it would be hard work, but I didn't expect to feel as exhausted as I did every night ha. But despite the tiredness we pulled through everyday with 27 smiling actors (some of us even had enough energy to stay behind til 6:30 for an extra long game of That's Out on Thursday. ZEEZEEZEE.)
Barry Trants is piping about it atm... he said he liked how intimate it all felt and liked the fact that even when certain characters weren't the main focus they were still enjoyable to watch, like Dee's dance and the phone crew searching around and stuff. He said he felt almost privileged to see those bits because not all the audience will have done. There you go, bit of feedback from the audience for you.'
Nostell is indeed an experience, and a thoroughly enjoyable one at that. Best week I've had in a long while. To be honest, I wish every week was filled with what this week has been full of- play performing, That's Out, salmon-ing, pockets full of sunshine, and a pretty back-drop to top it off.
I've also gotten a lot closer to a few people from it all, to the point where I so wish I was a permanent member of Black Company. (Don't worry Sarah, I'm not hinting ha)
But yeah, thanks for letting me be a part of it. I've absolutely loved it.
Bring on summer Yew Tree days and bring on Sleeping Beauty.
LT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...