A first time blog by Ed from the Gold company...I love it when people man up and write a blog for the first time...

The first thing I have realised about blog writing is that you should never make eye-contact with Sarah if you weren’t planning on writing one. But anyway, since I have “volunteered”, I might as well have a crack at writing one so here goes;

The thing I want to talk about first is just how professional everyone at Gold company is. I mean, we’ve had basically two weeks between this rehearsal and the last one, along with the fact that we are still trying to get the feel of the play, within two, maybe three minutes the scenes are as good as they were two weeks ago. And, because Sarah was being a self-confessed “finicky” director today, all the scenes got a lot better, really fast. One thing that I think doesn’t get mentioned enough, which is an absolute crime, is the way that the background music affects the mood and feel of a scene. For example, Katie’s phone conversation/monologue thing felt just a bit kinda not right (if that makes sense…) two weeks ago but now that there’s a kind of haunting little sound track to it, it just fills in those gaps where you’re expecting a reply and makes it feel so much more complete.

To finish I’d like to say that Yew Tree is always a highlight of the week for me. It is just such a laugh and is always fun, especially when I get to be a character that is an absolute, top-of-the-class, A grade nutter (no jokes about not needing to act).

So I’ll see you all soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...