Couldn't be happier to get another blog...This time from Catherine Harris...

I’ve been at Yew Tree Youth Theatre for 6 years now, but only working with the Red Company and Gemma for about a year and a half. I started work with the younger members as part of my Duke of Edinburgh Award, but enjoyed it so much I stayed on working with them.

This week in the Red Company we played some of the new games Gemma had learnt at a recent work shop. One of these was about squirrels and trees, which all the little ones seemed to enjoy and played it really well for a new game. Then we played the Bean game, which has quickly become a favourite and I was in charge. I don’t run many games but I have done this one a few times and I think it’s one of the best, as everyone loves it and it is fun to play.

After that we get everyone to sit down and read a story, which one of the kids has brought in. We then split into groups and get them to perform a part of the book in their own way. This week’s book was Zog. They seemed to have lots of fun doing this as there were only 3 characters; a princess, a knight and a dragon. We then played a few more games to finish off the session. Unlike the Crimson Group, Red Company needs to have structured sessions to make everything run smoothly.

I attend the Crimson Group which is run by Gemma and Joanna. We are working on the play Cinderella, so each week we change what we are doing to fit in with the performance.


Catherine x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...