This is my, Ellie Barraclough's) first ever blog so bear with me, oh and it'll be shorter than the usual :)
So on Monday night at Sapphire company we had the wonderful Calum come to do a stage fighting workshop with us. He showed us many different stage fighting techniques such as punching, slapping, hair pulling, neck snapping, strangling, slamming a head on a chair, pulling an eye out and a few others. It was an excellent opportunity to learn how to stage fight! So, when he taught us he showed is in full speed, then he slowed it down, then we were able to have a go and we started slowly to get the hang of it and then we got faster. After learning the techniques we got to make a short minute and a half piece of stage fighting, and all the groups were so different! It's amazing to see how great it looks in a small drama piece, and I'm so glad that I got to be a part of it!
So thank you Calum for coming down to sapphire company to work with us, you are truly a fabulous person!
(Oh and it was worth missing best and worst for!)
This weeks guest blogger is Aaron 17+, Saturday Morning Thornes and Heights cast member... So I thought it would be interesting to have a 'Yew-Tree Quiz'. I honestly can't remember why I thought this would be good but I thought it would be a laugh. So anyway, these questions are more or less based on how Yew Tree influences you in ways of creativity, imagination and speech I suppose too. It could also just show how long you've been at yew-tree. 1) Are you over come with glee when you hear you have a tick next to your name? 2) Do you feel more confident than you did before you started YTYT? 3) When watching a performance are you mentally checking the good and bad points of it? 4) Have you taken a risk (performance wise)? 5) Have you used the word brilliant in a both positive and negative manner? 6) Have you ever seen Sam behind the wheel of a green Mini? 7) Have you ever been to Nostell Priory? 8) Do you own any Yew Tree merchandise? 9) Have you auditioned for Connection...
Comments
Post a Comment