Lara's Leavers Blog

 I honestly don’t know where to start, feels surreal to be writing my leavers blog as I just can’t believe I have to say goodbye although I know it won't be forever. My time at Yew Tree is full with such happy memories, accomplishments and the most amazing group of friends. 

I first met Sarah back in 2015 when I auditioned and took part in Peter Pan, a production by ‘West Yorkshire Performers’ which was a whole 5 years ago now and I just remember having such an amazing time working with Sarah and the rest of the team. I enjoyed it that much that a year later in 2016 i auditioned to take part in their next production Aladdin. In that same year I joined West Yorkshire Dance Centre which introduced me more to Yew Tree where I joined Scarlet company and took part in my first ever Christmas show where we performed a physical theatre piece called ‘Red Shoes’. In 2017 I joined Gold company and attended sessions every Friday and this is the point where Sarah got stuck with me. From my first session at Gold I knew that Yew Tree was a place in which I could go and enjoy myself whilst learning more about the world of acting. 

During my time at Yew Tree I’ve taken part in lots different performances from miner's memorials to connections plays to summer projects I feel like I’ve done it all. I couldn’t be more grateful for all the experience I've gained whist working with Sarah as I know I would have never have been able to do some of the things I've done without Yew Tree. By far my biggest highlight during my time at Yew Tree was when I took part in connections in 2018 and had the pleasure to play the role of ‘Lou Lou’ in the play ‘Ceasefire Babies’. As I'm sure your all aware we were lucky enough to be chosen to perform our piece at the National Theatre in London. I can’t express how amazing that experience was and before even getting selected to take our piece to the National the process of taking the script and creating a whole piece with props and some set was such a fun yet challenging experience. 

In 2019 I took part in Connections again working on the play ‘Chaos’. Which again was such a great experience especially working on a completely different play to the previous year and by this point I had moved up from Gold to Black Company. During my time at Black company one of my favourite plays I took part in was Shakespeare's The Tempest. Although at the time of auditioning for parts and starting rehearsals the thought of performing a full-length Shakespeare seemed pretty daunting. The amount of time and hard work, in and out of the rehearsals which we as a cast put in to that play was unbelievable but it was so worth it. I couldn’t be prouder of myself for stepping up to the challenge and I'm so pleased I did because although it was very challenging and pushed me out of my comfort zone, it was so much fun and very rewarding to be a part of. 

I forgot to mention the fact that whilst all this was happening, I started working towards my Lamda exams in which I have completed grades 6 and 7. I also started volunteering which is so enjoyable! For just around a year I helped the lovely Laura teach Jade company and It was such a pleasure to work with all the young actors and watch them grow. I’m so sad I didn’t get to say goodbye properly to everyone at Jade company, I really do miss our Wednesday night sessions.

Although I haven't been at Yew Tree that long and It might only be 3 years, it has been the most amazing 3 years working with everyone, making friends for life and most importantly working with the wonderful Sarah. I don’t think words can describe how thankful I am for Sarah, everything she’s done for me and her constant support. I really don’t think I would be where I am without the support and training from her. 

Unfortunately, my time at Yew Tree was cut short because of the current circumstances but I feel so lucky to have been able to have my final session back in the studio on the 27th where I was back playing some games and being creative for my last time with Yew Tree. I really will miss Yew Tree and everything about it. I don’t know how to end this because quite honestly, I wish my time at Yew Tree didn’t have to end. I’ve made the most beautiful group of lifelong friends and a big thank you to anyone I’ve worked with or met during my time at Yew Tree. Sending all my love.

Lara x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...