Lucy is our guest blogger!

Well I never thought that after 3 years I would be back at Yew Tree but here I am! I came to Yew Tree for 5 years from 2008 to 2013 and it completely shaped the person I am today. Yew Tree was where I discovered my love of acting and because of that I did a BTEC in acting at college and went on to study a degree in drama at university... For 3 months. I left uni after finding out I was pregnant. One year and one baby later I found myself really missing the stage when I happened to stumble across a post on Facebook asking for actors to come and be a part of Macbeth and I couldn't resist.
The thought of coming back after such a long time was a daunting one, would I be welcome? Would I fit into this new generation of black company? But I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Everyone was so welcoming and it didn't feel like I was starting in a new place like I though it would, it felt like coming home. 

I got to do my first bit of acting in over a year and played games I haven't played since I was 18, and though I may be a bit rusty I'm sure I'll be back on top form again in no time! And what better way to get back on the stage than by throwing yourself into a full length Shakespeare play? Go hard or go home I guess!

The faces may have changed but Yew Tree certainly hasn't and I can't think of a more supportive place. 

Thank you Sarah and Black company for making my transition back into Yew Tree such an easy one. It's good to be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...