Lottie's farewell blog...

Attending Yew Tree sessions has been an integral part of my life for quite some time now - minus my brief hiatus last year (but we’ll just pretend that didn’t happen) - so I can confidently say it’s going to be pretty weird without it. For some reason, it always seemed like university and leaving home was in the distant future, one of things that you know is going to happen at some point, but doesn’t seem like it’ll ever actually get here. And now it’s here. And quite honestly, I have no idea how that happened. The past 4 years or so at Yew Tree have been an absolute blur, filled with ridiculous sessions at Sapphire and slightly more serious ones at Black. I have so much to thank YT for, enough to probably write a book, but I’m going to keep this relatively short and sweet.
I think more than anything, I’m grateful that Yew Tree provided me with a place to go to completely escape academic chores; it constantly allowed me to be creative without the confines of a mark scheme that dictated what I could or couldn’t do. I’ll miss playing games and being carefree on a Thursday night, but I’ll also miss the ability to lose myself in a piece of work; to build something from scratch and finally feel that elation and pride at the end of a performance when you know all your hard work has paid off.
Thank you to Sarah for having confidence in my abilities even when I didn’t, for pushing me out of my comfort zone to make me the best I could be (I’d still like to object to being lifted though) and for generally helping me to retain some of my sanity during A Levels. Thanks to all the people I’ve spent the last few years with, I’ve made genuine friends for life and it wouldn’t have been the same without you all.
It turns out London is quite far away so I’m not sure when I’ll make it back next, but I’m also not sure who I’d be without YTYT in my life... So yeah, I’ll definitely see you all soon x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...