Hollie is our guest blogger this week!

Tonight was I think we said the 15th open mic night, and wow what night who know so much talent was just under one roof. 
The dance studio of WYTD was transformed in to a little stagey venue and it was so lovely and welcoming to be there.

As there were so many brilliant acts. Its hard to talk about how fab we all were (everyone absolutely smashed it seriously. wow) so I’m just briefly mentioning my fave bits of everyone. slightsmile emoticon

So Clark kicked off the evening with utter class, drawing us in until the very end this guy never fails to impress me with his talent. We then had Ellie who sang two songs, my favourite being Titanium as it suited her voice amazingly and just sounded simply beautiful start to finish. Maya wowed us all with her singing and piano playing something many many people find difficult and Maya did it with complete ease and it sounded fab, a wonderful performance. Then we had One Voice who bravely stood up and hit us with some Cher, there was some amazing talent in this small group of girls, well done to everyone who had a solo bit you were all brilliant and an all together very very impressive sound you rocked it. 

Bailey and John.. Well what can I say.. you certainly amused us all throughout the whole act. The harmonies sounded fab and even though it may not have gone quite to plan you were very very entertaining. John was also fab after this with his solos. Then it was me I had so much fun up there with my little dance clicking troupe at the back you were my faves. After me came Sara (just going to ignore the fact that the height of the mic was not changed between Me and Sara... She's 11 I'm almost 18 and in heels this is not cool) She wrote her own beautiful poems so much talent and at just the age of 11 cant even imagine whats to come when you get older. Ruby stood up there and just looked and sounded amazing really good work. Tom and Grace impressed all as usual their voices sounded so good together and I look forward to your performance every year. 

We then had another younger member of the youth theatre perform Eliza was incredible i was blown away with her voice and her rendition of A thousand years just wow. Next up we had Sam Georgia and Alice with many instruments including ukulele piano and drums. Alice super impressed me with her piano playing and drumming simultaneously a really entertaining trio. Georgia and Alice then took to the stage alone and Georgia shocked us all as she did last year with her voice, I forget how brill she is and it always really surprises me. As always it was lovely to see Mervy B take to the stage after him being away at uni. Morgan had us singing along (well Sam MG and Bailey anyway) with her fab song choices and performed them very well. We then had Issac with some spoken word. It was really nice to here something different and it was very very well done. 

We then had Hannah singing With You from Ghost (Alice’s favourite because ‘its like my fave song’) could have been pulled straight from the West End so much emotion and vocal talent well done Hannah:) Before the final act we had the most important part of every OMN, the revealing of the winners of the quiz GO TEAM #WHAT which included Olena, Bobbie, Richard, Lucy and myself obviously the most educated members of the youth theatre wink emoticon The show was then closed with Tom singing 2 songs one of which was so relevant to right now a fab way to end the evening.
It was so nice to see an amazing array of talent under one roof who knew Yew Tree Youth Theatre had so many people with diverse talents. I cannot wait for the next one to see what wonderful things can be brought to the stage

Clearing up the space afterwards was slightly emotional (not because there was so much to do) but because it was one of my closest friends penultimate thing to do with Yew Tree and I didn't want that to end because I will miss her lots.

Thank you so much to Sarah, Oz and Gemma for making all this possible and for all your hard work that goes into making all these events we all appreciate it so much…whens the next one wink emoticon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...