Emma Fretwell Ladies and Gentlemen...


I haven’t blogged for ages and ages but it’s a pleasure to be doing one today.
Recently I’ve joined Black Company and we’re doing Comedy of Errors… we’ve started the read-through and we had pizza for Danny’s birthday and it was all very lovely. We watched a film made by some film students about Black Company and it’s so well put together… The film itself is a fab advertisement for Yew Tree and if you haven’t watched it yet then you should. And you should share it on Facebook. And copy and paste the link onto your Twitters or your Tumblrs or whatever. There’s no reason why everyone in the world shouldn’t see it because it’s so positive and nice. So get it watched. 
At Gold Company we’ve been (on and off) working on some Chekhov scripts. This Saturday we watched one of them performed by Lucy, James and Josh – it was really something. They had complete control and understanding of it, we were all extremely entertained and I wish I’d had chance to work on a script too (my attendance is erratic, oops).
Yew Tree is such a lovely thing and I’m really glad I go. It’s so nice to share it with people – new members, parents, audiences, film students, youtube-ers, people who stumble across it by accident, etc. It’s good to have a place to play and it feels like you can stop the world and get off for a bit, off to a world where all that really matters is the people there and the things you create. I was coming to Yew Tree before I really understood what it did for me as a person and as an actor. It's a pleasure to see the effect it has on people.
Anyway enough ramble, I hope Open Mic Night is brilliant (it usually is), buy your tickets and enjoy it for me cos I’m going on my jollies. 
Lots of love from Emma xxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...