Shakespeare: What a God…

A few of you may have already heard me say this quite a number of times, but he’s such a brilliant person, well he ‘was’ such a brilliant person. Unhandleable that he lived in like the 1500’s and his work is still pottering about. I have actual files dedicated to him and everything and like a big mahoosive book with gold pages which has like every single play he’s ever wrote in it, but I don’t like to use it cause I don’t want to crease the pages… Why am I admitting this? :| haaa

Riiiiight I’m going to apologise if I get a bit too passionate in this blog as the Literature Nerd is probably going to come out… But with our William I can read or watch any play, any kind of performance even if it’s just a bit of Iambic Pentameter and it just captures me, his words and the poeticness of them and the metaphorical meanings and symbolism behind them, well Its just mentalll that he could write such beautiful things, definately the greatest ever playwright, although Sarah you come pretty close behind him ha...But yeah I proper don’t understand why some people hate Shakespeare, everyone at college used to die when it was Shakespeare time in class and I’d always be there with my book/script like wooh! ha – whatta nerd… But yeah what I used to say to my friends who hated it and you can take it on board too if you're not his biggest fan is – basically if you find his writing complicated you just have to see it as a task, that’s what I do, there’s no need to be afraid of words cause there just words aren’t they, you’ve just got to pick them apart until you discover the real meaning and then your sorted, then you put what you’ve analysed back together and you’ll understand it and everything. Its like a jigsaw puzzle if you think about it you just need to fit all the pieces together to get the picture ha:)

Right enough of the ramble and onto the actual festival, The rehearsals at the Black company have being really impressive, super fun too – we're all working on a number of scenes with a variety of different people and then there’s the sonnet that we do as a whole group which is going to look amazinggg – oh did I mention I have his entire sonnet collection too? Haaa shutup Dee... but yeah its going to be a sensational weekend full of some rather talented Yew Tree peeps – actually can'tttt wait, we haven’t seen everything of each others yet but we’ve seen the odd snippet - The Midsummer nights dream scene we saw the guys do last week was hilarious anddd we saw Proccy and Daniel hit up a bit of Taming of the Shrew which was pretty suarveee. I can't wait to see 15 minute Hamlet, actually I just can't wait to see everything cause I know every single scenes going to be brilliant, we are part of Yew Tree after all and Brilliant's our middle name ha

I think I’m looking forward to it so much cause every piece is going to be so different: there’s a twist of modern in some scenes and then other scenes are staying true to the actual time so its gonna have real variety and that - I’m working on Macbeths witches with the girls, I can sense the final piece is going to be ridiculous because of the variation of different characterisations we’ve come up with for each witch. Its not a designated scene I just cut out loads of the witchy lines from Macbeth and mashed them together to make a little unique Shakespeare scene yet its still true to Will’s words and biz – asif im calling him will haaa. Oh I'm also doing Othello, and its like suchhhh a famous scene, so were gonna have to work super hard to do it justice, I love watching India and Ash get to grips with their characters and that, its gonna look so good, I guess I just love watching things come to life...then I stroll in ha…

Right I reckon I’ve rambled on quite a lot and I reckon ive got my point across about how amazing the festivals going to be so, All I have to say is – Shakespeare you are a God :) and Yew Tree team, were gonna smash it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...