Hurray for Hannah...member of the Gold company...writing her first blog on the same day she signed up to audition for Sparkleshark...more than proud...

This is my first ever Yew Tree blog, which is pretty bad really, considering I’ve been here for nearly 7 years ... not that I’ve got 7 years worth of stuff to talk about.

This Saturday saw the continuation of rehearsals for A Christmas Carol. But it was especially special this week as there was the long anticipated arrival of Tiny Tim (woo!) in the form of Chris.

After that cause for excitement we all got ready to do some hard work on the first half of the play. Even though it was amazing to start with, it was even more amazing by the end of the session. The set was on and off on time and everyone knew exactly where they were meant to be. Plus people were getting really confident with their roles, not using scripts and really getting into the characters. Also, the new people, who have only been at Yew Tree a few weeks/months are all AMAZING (I use that word too much) because they all just join in and do everything.

The party scene took a bit of work with all the freezes, but eventually it was sorted, and it looked really gooooood. Sadly though, I didn’t have Ellie this week, so when everyone was dancing and chatting, I had to talk to myself, not the most fun way to spend a party, probably looked hilarious though. Doing Christmas Carol (and the fact that it smells of Christmas cake in my house) has made me really excited for Christmas and I’m definitely looking forward to performing in December.
Byeeee xxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...