Joanna became the guest blogger by losing the laughing game... brutal way of rounding up a assistance sure but a necessary brutality...anyway the result is a cheerful/cheesy (her words not mine) look at the week...


So, the festive season is upon us and in the spirit of Christmas I’ve decided to write a blog, because Christmas isn’t just about opening presents, it’s about opening our hearts… I’m wondering whether I dare start my blog off with such cheese. Yeeeees. I wish it was possible to end a blog with jazz hands.

Anyway it’s been a brilliant week of Yew Tree sessions. I always buzz off end of term games sessions. Firstly Saturday morning where we played Wink Murder, a Situation set in Santa’s Grotto. Whenever we play wink murder I always get so involved in playing that I forget there’s a murderer about so when people start dying it’s mildly annoying because I’ve been enjoying pottering about as my character until then so when it was proposed that at some point next term we could possibly do a session-long improvisation (i.e. wink murder without the murdering) I decided it was a belting idea. Full steam ahead.

Thursday night was also brilliant. We made up our own versions of the nativity story. They were hilarious, if slightly controversial, by the end of watching them I had face ache from laughing so much. So then when it came to the laughing game I’d set myself up to fail really (didn’t help that I was sat in-between Danny and Jonny). I did the usual shut my eyes in the first round and was still out first. On the plus side Proctor was out by the end, so a successful game all in all!

I feel like I also want to mention Eastmoor group. I only started assisting there at the beginning of this term when we had lots of lovely games sessions before starting to work on our Christmas show but they were all so welcoming and I feel like a part of the group now. Watching the group perform Another Night Before Christmas made me feel really proud, there was such a lovely warm feeling in the room and the play felt like a bedtime story. That was when it started to feel like Christmas for me.

So I’ve started and ended on a cheesy note. Cheers x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...