Lucy played Lady Macbeth brilliantly in our recent production and she's blogged about the experience...

So as most of you know Black Company have just finished doing Macbeth, and I know I'm biased but honestly we absolutely smashed it! We started back in January with a workshop/audition session where if we wanted to be considered for Lady Macbeth or Macbeth we had to learn one of their speeches. I decided to throw myself in at the deep end and learn the monologue for Lady Macbeth, not thinking by any stretch of the imagination that I'd actually get it, but by some miracle I managed it, and to say I underestimated what a challenge that role would be is a massive understatement. Lady Macbeth goes on such a journey through the play and the difference between the manipulative, hard as nails woman you see at the beginning and the broken and defeated woman she is after her decent into madness is huge. And I'm pretty sure my first few attempts at portraying that were pretty laughable, so thanks to Sarah and Black Company for not losing faith in me! After lots of tears and a few "Nope. Can't do it. I'm messaging Sarah" 's to my mum I decided to get a grip and just throw myself into it and it was So. Much. Fun. I pushed myself more than I have in any other role I've ever played and I'm so glad I did as it was THE most rewarding experience. Taking on a full length Shakespeare play is such a massive task and to say most of the cast pulled the performances they did out of the bag whilst also juggling a million and one exams is insane, I'm absolutely in awe of you all. The talent of the people in Black Company is unreal and I'm so grateful I got to share a stage with you. Thank you so much for welcoming me back home to Yew Tree with such open arms, you're all fab and I love you all. I could not be happier that I came back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...